|February 21st, 2010, 22:51||#1|
Crazy GFX coder
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dominican Republic/Austria
@ES - MorphX: Developer diary Day 1-2
After having fun developing the Mupen64 Launcher i started to test several things and started to realize how tiny and limited the iphone design really is. because of that i've decided to re-design the GUI and do some changes that are going to speed up the development which i promised long time ago but was unable to complete for many reasons. anyways am back again and am opening this thread so people follow the development from design to coding completion and for the first time non-programmers can see what we do to create our apps.
@ES - MorphX: Day 1 "From Pixels to Code"
1. Drawing the GUI(using Photoshop of course ).
2. Pics Selection.
3. Designing the GUI using the pics.
4. The XAML Code.
5. Re-working the XAML Code and creating the code behind in Visual Studio 2008
6. First lines of C# code.
7. First run(GUI only)
8. Creating the Exit animation on Mouse Down/Up using the timeline.
9. Adding The Trigger and writing the code to exit.
10. Transforming the Wallpaper into a 3D object so that we have better control later from the Code and so change/add ambient lights, cameras etc. that are going to help us to create some nice 3D menu animations directly from the code at a later time.
11. Adding a "Classes" folder to store the classes and add our first Class that reads ID information from game Iso files that am going to need at a later time.
12. Creating a menu and screen overlay with triggers ready for binding in the code behind(VS2008).
13. Doing some changes in the Photoshop file and slightly changing the way the main GUI looks as well as adding animations to the menu items on Mouse-Enter.
Enough for Day 1
Current development tools:
Visual C++.net, Visual C#.net
Visual VB.net, Visual Webdeveloper.net
Bloodshed Dev C++, Borland C++
Visual Basic 6
Last edited by @ruantec; February 22nd, 2010 at 01:31..