__hankhoser__ knows audio quality. And found more bugs that forced major rewrites to almost everything.
Main thing to know is this:
quality + compatibility is hugely improved because of these findings
- async wait = spu blocker (runs at your audio card rate which is typically ~59.8 fps or possibly ~50 fps with emu region framelimiter)
Uses a sleep timer to cut down on cpu usage.
- async on-demand = spu blocker w/ spin loop. 100% cpu usage for rock solid fps (suggested to turn off gpu framelimter)
You will be limited to ~59.8 or ~50.0 unless your emu supports SPUsetframelimit.
- fix ADSR fractions (Resident Evil 3)
- fix reverb volume $3fff -> $7fff (Resident Evil 2)
- new output spu blocker (all games, buffer quality + improved latency)
- fix XA / CDDA distortion (all games)
- fix XA / CDDA interpolation (all games)
- fix XA / CDDA timing
- fix 1.00 Gaussian strengths
- fix SPU timing (Actua Soccer 2 + FIFA dropouts)
- fix A/V sync (Novastorm)
- fix mono + frequency response to work correctly
- $1000 jumps for dead channels creates halt (Metal Gear Solid)
- SPUsetframelimit to bypass spu blocker (shark only)
Presets are now stored in archive
Last edited by shalma; July 24th, 2011 at 13:15..